Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Employment law: Unfair treatment at work


Unfair treatment at work is very stressful. I’ve been dealing with it for a while but I’m trying to do something about it. You have to  try and stand up for yourself and not accept any kind of treatment. The majority of cases detail discrimination though.  Discrimination occurs when an employee suffers unfavorable or unfair treatment due to their race, religion, national origin, disabled or veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. The first step for that is contacting EEO. EEO law stipulates that an employee who experiences discrimination can seek remedies including: Back pay, restoration of their old job (if they were fired or reassigned), a court order to stop the discrimination, compensation for pain and suffering.

My employer has failed to address my complaints properly against my supervisor’s conduct. They have been negligent  and allowed known stress-causing conditions to persist without taking reasonable measures to prevent them. My workplace is utterly intolerable and stressful. My life now surrounds my everyday workplace issues.

Click here to continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment