Thursday, February 7, 2013

Is Beer In the Workplace an Employee Benefit?


Providing beer to employees is one of the more atypical employee benefits, but it does say something about the company’s culture and the employees who will thrive there. Some HR leaders discuss their benefits philosophies.

Struggling with a project during a late-February afternoon last year, I stopped to assess the situation and realized I was dispirited.

I had recently returned home after three weeks of business travel that was hampered by four nor’easters and wasn’t able to get outside to work off my stress due to head-high snow banks.

Since I enjoy the sometime luxury of a home office, I decided sprints up and down the stairs that run from my basement to the second floor would help me let off some steam. On one of my passes through the dining room, I spied a decanter of wine remaining from the prior night’s dinner.

To continue reading, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment